HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
Senior Product Manager, Partner Integration
We are searching for a Senior Product Manager to join HomeAway's Partner API team to define and build products that support our distribution of vacation rentals to other Expedia Group brands, including some of the largest meta search and online travel sites in the world. Specifically, you will lead initiatives that will enable easy integrate with HomeAway through APIs and work with Expedia leadership to set supply and test strategies, ensuring that we provide travelers with a great experience as they discover, shop and book vacation rentals.
As a part of the product management team, you possess a unique blend of business insight, technical skills, and user experience empathy. You will serve as a product leader, combining industry analysis, extensive market research, customer feedback and usage data to run the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap, defining requirements, collaborating with design and development to define, implement, deploy, a/b test, measure, and refine new features to deliver an extraordinary product experience.
- Create roadmap and set priorities for your products.
- Develop an understanding of the customer and develop solutions for strategic growth.
- Work closely with architects and development team to research, define, and test next generation experiences using HomeAway APIs, improving conversion and customer satisfaction.
- Meet frequently with high profile distribution partners, including Expedia and Hotels.com, to develop a deeper relationship and understanding their needs.
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in the your product strategy.
- Conduct market research, identify potential commercially available solutions, and cultivate existing and new vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with customer experience and partner success teams to ingest user feedback from the field.
- In collaboration with engineering and design, actively participate in agile product development process for roadmap implementation, writing product requirements, user stories, and maintaining the product backlog of priorities.
- Define data and reporting requirements and drive implementation with the data engineering and business intelligence teams.
- Design, implement and analyze a/b tests to optimize the user experience and drive key performance metrics.
- Relate policies and complex process into product capability to support the product portfolio vision.
- Lead a set of projects across the full software development life cycle; execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Launch new products by collaborating with customer service, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies.
- Facilitate resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to internal and external customers.
- Product Managers should possess strong business insight and be passionate about the user, well-designed online and mobile products, and API development.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a high-tech software company, preferably a 2-sided marketplace environment.
- Proven leader who has managed multiple ongoing complex projects and implementation of web applications, while delivering on schedule.
- Experience with REST and streaming APIs, complex information architecture, and content management.
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions.
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies.
- Ability to collaborate closely with design and usability to drive product enhancements.
- Strong communicator and presenter.
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our customers.
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred.
- BS or BA in related field, MBA preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.