Nov 08, 2018
San Francisco, CA, USA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Developing product strategy and requirements for ubercom audiences and needs; integrating features across multiple product teams work at Uber; optimizing customer journeys and segments, including optimization.
What You’ll Do
- Envision the future of the experience on the Uber web platform - and flawlessly execute against this vision.
- Lead and build an amazing and talented team
- Be a thought leader - inside and outside Uber - around building high-impact, best-in-class products.
- Create the partnerships and alignment across the Product, Engineering and Design teams on strategic, integrated solutions for service, acquisition and experience
What You’ll Need
- 10+years of relevant product experience. Ideally leading Consumer and/or Growth experience teams with experience in onboarding new customers, retaining existing customers.
- Deep understanding of consumer products and the unique challenges of a double-sided marketplace.
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fade.
- Data-driven: you always get the data you need, and you can distill it into an insightful story. Most importantly, you leverage data to drive strategic decisions.
- Technical skills. Ability to inform and evaluate engineering decisions.
- User-focused - you are passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges to impact users negatively.
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization, acute flexibility in a dynamic, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch.
- You make Uber a great place to work, and as an executive actively shape an inclusive and positive culture.
About the Team
The Web team is driving the web digital customer experience for riders and drivers, and more. We partner with business and product group across Uber, to acquire new riders and drivers and deepen our relationship with our existing customers. We’re global -- our research, UX, design and development processes and work for every region. We are looking for a senior Product Manager to lead this cross functional team, driving the vision, strategy and execution for the web channel experience.