Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
What we're looking for:
As the Senior Product Manager for Shipment Growth, you own Convoy’s strategy, approach, and product roadmap of how we acquire, manage and optimize the tens of billions dollars in freight that our Shippers offer us every year. To achieve your objectives, you will be lead across Engineers, Data Scientists, Sales, and Operations. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a pioneer at the early stages of an exciting startup!
In this role, you will own the following:
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experiments.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales and Pricing Operations teams to identify long term innovations in our bid strategy
- Optimization: You will work closely with Data Scientists to optimize freight opportunities to drive Convoy's network density
About your skills & experience:
- PM experience: You have 5+ years of experience owning product roadmap for a breakthrough product through multiple iterations.
- Data-driven: You are experienced at defining metrics and running experiments and testing.
- Customer oriented: You are experience at working backwards from the customer and understand their needs.
- Communication: You have very effective written and verbal communication skills.
- You've been in roles where revenue, margin, or cost is a first or second order success metric.
- Prior experience with operations research, portfolio optimization or objective function optimization.
- You have experience working in marketplaces businesses (e.g. ads, finance, rideshare)
- In your past roles, Engineers and Data Scientists & Data Analysts have been your core partners.
- You're not afraid of SQL.
- You have a proven track record of leadership without authority beyond just Engineering.
- Desired: Economics background or experience with marketplace businesses
- Desired: Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science background
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. Candidates must be eligible to work within the U.S at our HQ in Seattle.
If you're a collaborative team player who wants to make a huge impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!