Built by the team that designed Facebook’s technology to understand the needs of its first billion users, Interana provides the most powerful behavioral discovery platform to understand the behavior of any combination of actors (people and things), actions (behavior), and timeframe (seconds to years). Customers today demand companies meet them wherever they are - online, offline, at work, home or on the road. This digital transformation requires companies to understand what their customers’ experiences are across each channel. Only Interana’s continuous intelligence platform gives any employee who can use a spreadsheet users direct access to 100% of their customer event data, and still provides answers in seconds. Interana’s Interactive Visual Interface™ is an easy-to-use UI providing users accessible, powerful, and instant discovery and analysis. Customers include Asana, Comcast, Goodyear, Microsoft, Sonos, and Uber among others.
Interana is looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive the evolution of its core data platform including data management, security, data integration, external APIs, deployment and administration. You will interact with our prospects and customers to understand their use cases, define problem statements, and drive solutions to those problems. You will work in an agile environment with our Design, Engineering and Customer Success teams to build a great, modern customer experience that balances functionality and usability and time to market. You should be an excellent verbal and written communicator. You must have a strong technical background either building commercial databases or ETL applications. You should be very familiar with modern analytics, big data platform technologies, and cloud computing platforms.
To be successful in this role you must have the technical background to speak/act with authority, and drive decision making on: cloud and on-prem software deployment models, DevOps practices, security policies, data infrastructure and external API use cases. You should understand the strategy and product offerings of cloud and virtualization vendors. You also understand the emerging data ecosystem from data pipeline projects/products/vendors and emerging cloud data warehouses and data lake technologies.
- Determine the product roadmap, manage the product backlog, and maintain the process of prioritization, feature and product specification, scoping and estimation.
- Research competing products and trends within the industry. Identify opportunities for new product directions or extended features to drive the company strategy.
- Work with customers, partners, and internal teams to identify product use cases and drive key enhancements and requirements into the products.
- Balance competing inputs, act as the voice of the market, and communicate product decisions, capabilities and offerings to all stakeholders internal and external.
- Be the customer advocate within the Interana team; deeply understand how customers get value from their products and work closely with customers to prioritize new product development and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to develop product requirements and scope work for upcoming releases including user personas, use cases, feature specifications, and architectural choices
- Work closely with our Sales and Customer Operations organizations to drive field enablement on new features and our customer on-boarding process. Ensure that our knowledge base and documentation are meeting company requirements.
- Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences as a product expert.
- 5-10+ years of experience in product management or engineering. Experience with systems engineering, data engineering, or projects/products in the big data and/or infrastructure space. A focus on analytics is a plus.
- Understanding of MVP and strong belief in iterative product development methodologies
- Experience building a commercial analytics system, databases or ETL applications.
- Hands-on and up to date technical skills in IT infrastructure and data engineering.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a product management team and influence others within the company and outside
- Experience working with clients and participating in customer-facing situations.
- Experience building SaaS platform services and/or big data analytics solutions is desired.
- A strong understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- A BS degree in Computer Science or another technical field. An MBA a plus
Interana is an E-Verify participant