a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager who has experience building and launching data products from scratch. You’ll be an effective cross-functional player and partner with our data science, engineering, and design teams. A scrappy approach towards testing a hypothesis, strong alignment to our business strategy, and an in-depth understanding of technical infrastructure are key elements to success in this role.
what you’ll do
- Develop a coherent data product strategy outlining how we can leverage all of our existing data.
- Identify new product opportunities and data sources we should integrate with to create a defensible moat.
- Collaborate with data engineering and data science teams on technological infrastructure decisions.
- Partner with the data science team to decide on machine learning versus heuristic modeling approaches to solve specific use cases.
- Craft a playbook detailing how experiments will be conducted across different products and how the outcomes of those experiments are tied to the business strategy.
- Define product instrumentation and data storage frameworks on how captured data will be made accessible to other teams.
- Specify, prioritize, and communicate product specs using user stories, business rules, flows, interaction design guidance, and use cases.
- Develop strong relationships with engineering, design, and customer success teams to create world-class experiences.
- Collaborate with other product managers to ensure consistency and compatibility across all Narvar products.
- Interface with customers to gather requirements or explain product features.
- Create product documentation and conduct training sessions for internal audiences.
what we’re looking for
- You have 3+ years of software product management experience working on data products.
- You have a strong understanding of data modeling, data infrastructure, statistical methods, and machine learning.
- You have an action-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset with exceptional organizational skills and a natural ability to make things happen around you.
- You have strong SQL and data visualization skills.
- You can take direction and input from multiple sources and create a shared product vision.
- You have exceptional communication and listening skills with the ability to break down problems and generate a shared understanding across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience as a data scientist is a strong plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.