Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/VeteransJob Number: 1810034Costa Mesa, California
Experian’s Clarity Services delivers specialized credit reporting and “decision-ing” services to Alternative Financial Services (AFS) lenders who serve the 100m consumers who are often unable to access mainstream financing. Clarity’s market leading data and services provide insight that is not available from traditional reporting agencies, and assists lenders in gaining a competitive advantage in finding, underwriting and serving this critical consumer segment.
At Clarity Services, we don’t just give you data – we give you insights.
We seek a Senior Product Manager who will lead, define, and organize product strategy, product solutions, roadmap, and initiatives for a portfolio of products.
As the Product Manager, you will increase the profitability of existing products and develop new products for the company. In this role, you will work with and learn from designers, developers, client services, account development, sales, and your fellow product team members. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally presenting products to the sales channel and key customers.
About You, the Candidate:
Are you a ‘people person’? You must be extremely comfortable and adept at establishing successful relationships with people with various personalities and incentives. You must be comfortable in uncomfortable situations, hold your ground in tough circumstances, understand others’ expectations and adroitly handle diplomatic missions.
Can you juggle? You must be well-organized and proficient at managing time, resources, and priorities – be great at prioritizing competing forces pulling you in different directions.
What is ‘product’? You must have the product skills and knowledge necessary to manage and define product solutions. You will manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities. This includes: developing innovative product strategies, business plans, product roadmaps and requirements for market problems that are validated as urgent, pervasive and can be monetized.
Are you a creator? Part of this role is creating and potentially owning the creation process – of product solutions, product presentations, product content, certain marketing material, strategy, etc.
As the “CEO” for your products, you will:
- Represent and communicate product features and functionalities to internal and external clients
- Understand clients core product problems, needs, and wants from a strategic to a tactical level
- Organize and triage product initiatives and help define product solutions
- Communicate and manage product priorities and solutions to stakeholders across the organization
- Collaborate with sales teams to ensure product roadmap is communicated to clients and understood
- Collaborate with the sales and clients to conduct research and testing for new products and features
- Create, manage, and share product marketing materials
- Manage several projects concurrently while balancing shifting priorities
- Make decisions based on logic, data, prioritization, and your judgment
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Senior Product Manager Requirements
- 4-year degree in Business Mgmt., Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working as a product manager in a similar business
- Good understanding of credit scores, identity protection, and data security
- Familiarity with SaaS software architecture and solutions (e.g. APIs, batch processing, etc.), and knowledge in Agile software tools and process (we use JIRA)
- Ability to understand and communicate what consumers want vs. need, how products work and how they benefit consumers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and appreciate how strategy, sales, product, engineering, and operations are intertwined